You must have heard of a special Google service called “Google Drive“. Many of you may have heard, but many do not know much about it.
|What is Google Drive?|
It’s important for you to know that Google’s new and exciting daily services can help you in many ways.
So in today’s article, we will discuss what is Google Drive and how to use it? I will also discuss the benefits of Google Drive and how to use Google Drive.
Also, I’ll tell you how to upload files or pictures to Google Drive and how to download files from Drive.
But first, you need to know what Google Drive is. So let’s first read about Google Drive.
What is Google Drive?
Google Drive is a cloud-based file storage service developed by Google. This service was launched by Google on April 24, 2012.
Google Drive can also be called an online file storage service, where we can upload the necessary files such as “pictures”, “videos”, “documents”, “applications” or any digital file and store it there.
Again, if you need to, you can re-download files uploaded from any of your computers or mobile through the Google Drive app or website.
As a result, some of the images or files you need are always safe, and even if your mobile or computer is lost, you have the opportunity to re-download those files or images from Google Drive.
In addition to uploading files, there is a very easy way to backup files to Google Drive. Also, there are easy ways to download pictures or other files uploaded from Drive.
You will need a computer, laptop, or smartphone for both the file backup (upload) and download process in Google Drive, along with an internet connection on your device.
Advantages of Google Drive
Those who use Google Drive are well aware of its benefits. Google Drive features –
- Images or files uploaded to Google Drive can be re-downloaded to any smartphone or computer using the Google Drive app or website.
- Until you delete the files from your Google Drive account, they will be stored in your Google Account. Even if your mobile phone is stolen or your computer is damaged, your pictures or files will be safe.
- You can use up to 15 GB of free storage space in Google Drive. At 15 GB, you can save the pictures and files you need.
- You can share any picture or file with your Google Account. People you share with will be able to download that file or image via the shared link.
- The Google Drive app can be used for free on any type of device like mobile, computer, or laptop.
- You can now use Google Drive online as well as offline.
- Here you can create different types of files such as presentation files, document files, excel sheet files, etc.
- If you are a blogger or website owner, you can get a full backup of your blog or website automatically here.
- You can create folders in your Google Drive dashboard and upload files or images inside those folders.
- This allows you to save a lot of storage space on your smartphone for storing files in Google’s online database.
So, after learning about some of the benefits of Google Drive above, let’s now know how to use Google Drive.
Google Drive subscription fee
- It allows you to use 15Gb storage for free
- €1.99 per month for 100GB storage and €19.99 for 1 year
- €2.99 per month for 200GB storage and €29.99 for 1 year
- €9.99 per month for 2TB storage and €99.99 for 1 year
|Google Drive subscription fee|
How to use Google Drive
Now if you want to use Google Drive and save all kinds of pictures or files on your mobile or computer to Google Drive, you can do this in two ways.
- Using the Google Drive website
- Using the Google Drive app.
Using the app Google Drive is much easier and better.
Google Drive app is currently available for Windows, Android, iOS, and almost all types of OS. You can automatically save everything to Google Drive with the Google Drive app.
So let’s take a look at how to use Google Drive.
How to use the Google Drive website?
You can use the Google Drive website on both your smartphone and computer. But for this, you must have a Gmail account and internet connection.
First, you need to go to the official website of Google Drive. And, then you will see the link to Go to google drive where you have to click.
Now on the next page, you will see Google’s login page, where you log in using your own Gmail account ID and password.
However, if you’ve already signed in to a Google Account on your smartphone or computer’s web browser, you don’t need to login to your Google Account again.
You will see the dashboard of Google Drive directly.
You will see your profile icon at the top right of the Google Drive dashboard. You can also sign in to Google Drive with another Google Account by clicking the Account Profile link.
As soon as you log in to Google Drive, you will see your Drive account dashboard. And, there you will see all kinds of files, folders, or pictures that you have uploaded.
You will see the New option at the top left of the dashboard. By clicking on this new option you can upload new folders, files, or pictures to your Google Drive. (See picture below)
Now if you want to upload images or files to Google Drive, click on the New option at the top left.
After clicking on New, you will see two options called File Upload and Folder Upload.
Now if you only want to upload a document, file, or image, select the file or image you want to upload by clicking on the “File Upload” option.
And if you want to upload a complete folder, you have to click on the “Upload Folder” option and then select the folder you want to upload.
In addition to these two options, you will see another option called Folder Options. The “Folder” option above allows you to create separate folders for different files.
You can see how much free space you have used from your Google Drive account and how much free space is left in your account on the left side of the Google Drive dashboard.
Now you must be wondering how to download images or files uploaded from Google Drive. To download any image, document, or file from Google Drive, first, click on that image or document.
After clicking, you will see a full version of the image or document. You will then see a download icon at the top right.
Click on the download icon (see image below) to download the image or file. After clicking on the download icon, the image, file or document will start downloading automatically.
Or right-click on the image or file you want to download directly and click the Download option.
How to use the Google Drive app on mobile?
All the work of Google Drive can be done very easily through the Google Drive app. Currently, 90% of people use the Google Drive app to upload or download documents or files to Google Drive. Here’s how to use Google Drive on your smartphone:
First, you need to download the Google Drive app from the Google Play Store. After downloading, you need to install the app on your smartphone.
Once the installation is complete, open the Google Drive app on your smartphone.
If your smartphone is already signed in to the Google Account, then the app will open automatically using the Google Account provided on your mobile.
Once the app is open, you will see a “+” icon at the bottom right of your mobile screen.
By clicking on this plus icon, you will see two options called Folder and Upload. You can create a folder and upload files to it by clicking on the folder icon.
And by clicking on the upload option, you can upload pictures or documents directly from your phone to the drive.
If you want to download a file you uploaded from Drive, click on the three-dot menu (see picture) below that document, file, or image.
After clicking on the Three Dot menu, you will see many options below, from there you click on the “Download” option.
Then you must have realized how easy it is to use Google Drive from mobile.
With mobile, you can easily upload or backup new photos or documents to Google Drive. At the same time, you will see all the files or pictures uploaded from the mobile application without downloading.
The biggest advantage of this is that all your pictures are saved on your smartphone but there is no storage cost on the mobile.
How to delete files from Google Drive?
To delete a file from Google Drive, follow these steps:
- Open the Google Drive app on your Android smartphone or tablet.
- Then click on the Files option at the bottom of the screen.
- Then click the three-dot menu next to the file you want to delete from the drive.
- Then you will see many options. Click on the Remove option from here.
- After clicking on the Remove option, that file will be deleted from your Google Drive.